DiscoveryBound’s (DB) Focus on Music program held in Seattle over Labor Day Weekend was full of energy and inspiration! Workshops and discussion groups brought to life the metaphysical theme, “Harmony in man is as beautiful as in music…” (S&H 304:20) The success of the Focus series is due in large part to A/U and DB alumni who participate as facilitators and chaperones.
Visit our Multimedia Gallery for Event Photos
Watch the Video (BELOW) and feel the rhythm of the event
DB’s Focus series caters to 8th-12th grade Christian Scientists and their friends targeting specific fields of interest. Christian Scientists in those professions share inspirational insights on how they apply Christian Science in their related careers. Areas of interest have included: entertainment, sports, government, the arts, business, environment, and science.
The professional musicians who joined us at Focus on Music included:
- Michelle Armstrong recently recorded an EP with Grammy Award Winning Producer Frenchie Smith, and rocking with her new band
- Justin Froese an accomplished guitarist and vocalist
- Desiree Goyette Grammy-nominated songwriter co-wrote music heard in Charlie Brown and Garfield the Cat TV shows, in addition to voicing characters such as Betty Boop
- Andrew James professional bassist, songwriter, and producer who has performed on a variety of TV shows, and recorded for artists like Miley Cyrus and more)
- Jason Marsh has a B.A. in Jazz violin performance from Berklee College of Music, and Master’s in Music Comp from San Jose Universtiy. Jason performs on what he calls Digital Acoustic Violin
- Newsong Group all the way from England! This band of friends: Andrew, Airlie and Tamsin have played together since early school days
- Alastair Willis Grammy-nominated conductor, has been a guest conductor around the world
What’s up next?
- DiscoveryBound Leadership Conference – Memorial Day Weekend 2012, Principia College, Illinois
- DiscoveryBound’s Focus on Sports – Labor Day Weekend 2012, Salt Lake City, UT
If you are interested in supporting this event as a facilitator or chaperone please contact Krista Capp, 888.416.7348 x138 or email. We’d appreciate hearing from you!