Gifts to the Annual Fund are a vital source of income that enables us to provide life-changing programs to Christian Scientists and their friends.
THE POWER OF YOUR GIFTS
Spiritual growth can’t be quantified. It’s a gift of immeasurable value. And yet, everyone who gave to Adventure Unlimited during our 2017 fiscal year (which ended January 31) brought people in the Christian Science community into experiences that challenged and expanded their view of God – that buoyed their spiritual growth. Thank you for making this beautiful choice.
Here are some of our participants and volunteers talking about that spiritual progress:
Your gift also meant we accomplished all this together with a balanced budget for the 12th straight year! Thank you for being a huge part of helping us in “Opening Windows to God” for Christian Science youth, their family and friends.
GIVING TO THE ANNUAL FUND
Mobility replaces paralysis in a young camper. Symptoms of a concussion after a fall from a mountain bike are healed. Exhaustion yields to peace and a sense of energy in a DiscoveryBound volunteer event planner.
Christian Scientists such as these who participate in A/U-DB programs are consistently putting into practice the effectiveness of applying God’s laws to their lives, with healing results.
While fees cover a portion of the program expenses, more than half of the funds needed for Adventure Unlimited’s annual operating expenses come from gifts to the Annual Fund:
2018 operating budget: $4.5 million
Annual Fund donations needed in 2018: $2.7 million
You can help us continue to provide opportunities for spiritual growth by giving to the Annual Fund today.
CHOOSE YOUR FUND
Within the Annual Fund are opportunities to direct your gift to a specific program. The General Operating Fund is an unrestricted fund that allows Adventure Unlimited the most flexibility in its use. This fund supports the entire organization, including any immediate needs that might arise.
If your heart has been touched by a specific program, there are ways to support that fund:
- A/U Ranches Operating Fund: Horsemanship, rafting, mountaineering and more! Your gift is used exclusively for supporting camp programs like the one you or someone you know may have attended at the A/U Ranches.
- A/U Ranches Campership Fund: The gift of camp is truly a gift of a lifetime. This fund provides financial aid for young Christian Scientists who want to experience the life-changing atmosphere of summer camp and qualify for financial assistance.
- DiscoveryBound Outreach & Compass Operating Fund: Outreach connects Christian Science families across the nation by providing year-round activities for Christian Science teens and their families and friends of all faiths. Compass is a one-year program open to Christian Science students in 10th-12th grade that helps keep teens focused on a spiritual path.
- DiscoveryBound Outreach Scholarship Fund: Thousands of Christian Scientists and their friends participate annually in DB events. This fund ensures that youth who need financial assistance can attend national and regional events.
- DiscoveryBound National Leadership Council Operating Fund: Donations to this fund support DB’s four-year teen leadership program to foster qualities of servant leadership among Christian Science youth. The Annual Fund covers approximately one-third of the NLC’s expenses, providing an opportunity for giving in this important program.
- DiscoveryBound National Leadership Council Scholarship Fund: The four-year program takes participants all over the country and world for various service and leadership opportunities. This fund ensures that teens who need financial assistance can participate in the many activities that are part of the NLC program.
- Ted Cox Memorial NLC Trip Fund: Established in tribute to the spouse of Anabeth Cox, a member of the Bridges to the Future Campaign Committee and former trustee, the purpose of this fund is to provide high-quality, impactful adventure and service trips for teens in DiscoveryBound’s National Leadership Council and to help reduce the cost of these trips for each family.
ANNUAL FUND VS. BRIDGES TO THE FUTURE CAMPAIGN
Many donors want to know if a gift to the Bridges to the Future Campaign also supports the Annual Fund. We encourage you to consider these as separate gifts since Campaign donations cannot be used for annual operating expenses – and Annual Fund gifts are what keep us running! Here’s a helpful breakdown of what a donation to each will accomplish.
Adventure Unlimited Foundation, serving DiscoveryBound and the A/U Ranches, is the fundraising arm of Adventure Unlimited, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Youth Camp at the A/U Ranches
Our experiences change lives. At the A/U Ranches you'll find a Christian Science atmosphere with staff dedicated to helping you see the role God plays in your life. Each program and activity is designed to help you break through limitations, reach your goals, and see God in action.