Gifts to the Annual Fund are a vital source of income that enables us to provide life-changing programs to Christian Scientists and their friends.
GIVING TO THE ANNUAL FUND
Mobility replaces paralysis in a young camper. Symptoms of a concussion after a fall from a mountain bike are healed. Exhaustion yields to peace and a sense of energy in a DiscoveryBound (DB) volunteer event planner.
Christian Scientists such as these who participate in A/U Ranches and DB programs are consistently putting into practice the effectiveness of applying God’s laws to their lives, with healing results.
While fees cover a portion of the program expenses, more than half of the funds needed for Adventure Unlimited’s annual operating expenses come from gifts to the Annual Fund:
FY2022 operating budget: $6.4 million
Annual Fund donations needed in 2022: $4.5 million
You can help us continue to provide opportunities for spiritual growth by giving to the Annual Fund today.
CHOOSE YOUR FUND
Within the Annual Fund are opportunities to direct your gift to a specific program. The General Operating Fund is an unrestricted fund that allows Adventure Unlimited the most flexibility in its use. This fund supports the entire organization, including any immediate needs that might arise.
If your heart has been touched by a specific program, there are ways to support that fund:
- A/U Ranches Operating Fund: Horsemanship, rafting, mountaineering and more! Your gift is used exclusively for supporting camp programs like the one you or someone you know may have attended at the A/U Ranches.
- A/U Ranches Campership Fund: The gift of camp is truly a gift of a lifetime. This fund provides financial aid for young Christian Scientists who want to experience the life-changing atmosphere of summer camp and qualify for financial assistance.
- DiscoveryBound Outreach & Compass Operating Fund: Outreach connects Christian Science families across the nation by providing year-round activities for Christian Science teens and their families and friends of all faiths. Compass is a one-year program open to Christian Science students in 10th-12th grade that helps keep teens focused on a spiritual path.
- DiscoveryBound Outreach & Compass Scholarship Fund: Thousands of Christian Scientists and their friends participate annually in Outreach events, plus about a dozen teens in the Compass program. This fund ensures that youth who need financial assistance can attend national and regional Outreach events, as well as Compass retreats.
- DiscoveryBound National Leadership Council Operating Fund: Donations to this fund support DB’s four-year teen leadership program to foster qualities of servant leadership among Christian Science youth. The Annual Fund covers more than half of NLC expenses, providing an opportunity for giving in this important program.
- DiscoveryBound National Leadership Council Scholarship Fund: The four-year program takes participants all over the country and world for various service and leadership opportunities. This fund ensures that teens who need financial assistance can participate in the many activities that are part of the NLC program.
- Ted Cox Memorial NLC Trip Fund: Established in tribute to the spouse of Anabeth Cox, a former trustee, the purpose of this fund is to provide high-quality, impactful adventure and service trips for teens in DB NLC and to help reduce the cost of these trips for each family.
Adventure Unlimited, which includes DiscoveryBound and the A/U Ranches, is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Youth Camp at the A/U Ranches
Our experiences change lives. At the A/U Ranches you’ll find a Christian Science atmosphere with staff dedicated to helping you see the role God plays in your life. Each program and activity is designed to help you break through limitations, reach your goals, and see God in action.