Come back home to the A/U Ranches for our Mountaineering Reunion! If you were a camper or staff member who hiked, peaked, backpacked, rock climbed, navigated the ropes course, caved or mountain biked, grab your friends and make some new memories. Everyone is welcome!
Full Session: August 16–22, 2020 | $900
Half Session: August 16–19, 2020 OR August 19-22, 2020 | $575
Create Your Own Mountain Adventure
If you’re still an avid mountaineer, we’ll have a full menu of options for you to create your own adventure in the beautiful Colorado outdoors during your week (or half-week) at the A/U Ranches. And if you’ve hung up your hiking boots but can’t wait to see your long-time camp friends, there’s plenty of opportunity for that, too.
Available Mountaineering Activities
- Day hikes
- Peaking (Thursday, August 20)
- Denny Creek Run & Buena Vista Run
- Rock climbing
- Rock gym
- Ropes course
- Challengers dip (you know it)
- Mountain biking
- Mountaineering speaker (stay tuned!)
Your stay at the A/U Ranches will be comfortable and cozy, and will wrap you up in the nostalgia of bunking with your friends. Guests can request housing 1) in the men’s and women’s cabins, 2) with family members and friends, or 3) in a private cabin (for an additional fee). Limited upgraded housing is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Don’t want to stay in a cabin? Click here to check out the accommodations in Buena Vista. (No tuition discount is offered for staying off property.)
Invite Your Friends
Reunions are a great way to see longtime friends and meet new people. Tell your mountaineering stories and get the word out in your network! Share on your own social media accounts and in our Alumni Facebook Group and Instagram page using #AUMtnReunion:
Work and Play
Do you want to come to the reunion and be part of the staffing team (in exchange for a tuition reduction)? No matter how long you’ve been gone, we want to welcome you home! Not only is it a great way to give back to camp, it’s also the perfect time and place to sharpen some skills and develop new ones. Talk to your friends – get the gang back together!
We have several opportunities for supporting the Mountaineering Reunion as part of the staff:
- Work the complete program | Requires specific skill sets (see below). Paid position: Apply here
- Instruct specific sessions | Requires a specific skill set. Tuition discount handled on individual basis; contact Alison Peticolas, Ranch director, 888.543.4849 x105
- Mountain-support alumni participants | Requires some skill set. Help with logistics, lead some activities, transport participants. Tuition discount for part work/part play handled on individual basis; contact Alison Peticolas, Ranch director, 888.543.4849 x105
- Program-support alumni participants | No specific skill sets required. Help in the lodge/dishroom. Tuition discount for part work/mostly play handled on individual basis; contact Alison Peticolas, Ranch director, 888.543.4849 x105
Mountaineering Reunion staff members looking for a role that requires specific skills should have recent experience in any of these areas:
- Belaying: rock gym, ropes course, rock climbing
- Hiking: peak climbs, comfort leading a group
- Overnights: camping, cooking, setting up tents, camper care
- Mountain biking
- Certifications (not required): First Aid, CPR
Arrival and Departure Dates
Mountaineering Reunion staff should arrive at Denver International Airport on August 14 or 15 by noon.
Those working the full reunion should schedule their departure flights on August 23 after 12:30 p.m.
Participants working part of the reunion can leave on August 22 after 12:30 but may stay through August 23 as part of the cleanup team.
Questions and inquiries: Alison Peticolas, Ranch director, 888.543.4849 x105
We can’t wait to see you!