Kids aren’t the only ones who have fun at camp – adults, join us for Mini Camp! Have your own adventure in a spiritually nurturing atmosphere with horseback riding (advanced and beginner), cycling, hiking, kayaking, challenging yourself on the ropes course, or just relaxing and enjoying the views of the Rocky Mountains. And alumni, come on home again.
Mini Camp allows adults to create their own custom summer camp experience that’s as active or relaxing as you would like. We’ve got lots of activities to choose from, so every day you can do something different! You can hone your horsemanship skills the whole time, or you can ride in the morning, go for a bike ride in the afternoon, and try something new the next day. The choice is yours!
Wrangler Reunion at Mini Camp 2018! Are you an adult who was in the Corral program? If so, we’re hosting a Wrangler Reunion this year during Mini Camp. Register for Mini Camp today to reconnect with past corral alumni. Read more about what’s happening during the Wrangler Reunion at Mini Camp below.
- Basic skills
- Trail rides
- Advanced skills (former Cowboy/Cowgirl activities)
- Working cattle
- Gymkhana events
- Cowboy mounted shooting
- Peaking 14’ers
- Mountain biking
- Rock climbing
- Rock gym
- Ropes course
- Swimming (lake and pool)
- Stand up paddle boarding
- Fly fishing
- Road cycling
- Archery and riflery
- Van trips to local sights
- Reading by the fireplace
- Relaxing and enjoying the mountain vistas
- Group Bible Lesson study
Calling all former wranglers, corral staff, Horsemanship campers and Adult Cowboy/Cowgirl program participants. Join us this summer for the A/U Ranches’ Wrangler Reunion held during Adult Mini Camp!
- Wranglers. Laugh, swap stories and catch up with old friends and new.
- Riding. Your boots were made for riding, so bring them and your enthusiasm for trail rides on- and off-property, cattle working, gymkhana, polocrosse, cowboy-mounted shooting and a roping demo. Feeling adventurous? Try an all-day ride up to Columbia Basin or Bassam.
- A roaring good time. Listen to live music by cowboy singer Dave Stamey, share inspiration at our all-camp testimony meeting, demonstrate your talents during a variety show, and more!
|Don Appleby||Laurie Appleby||Moffet Zoe Atcheson|
|Chelsea Beisel||Rob Boucher||Duncan Clarke|
|Lachlan Clarke||Linda Clarke||Kenny D’Evelyn|
|Sam Hopple||Pete Husak||Matthew Leon|
|Nicole Linehan||Dustin Monie||Clara Oyer|
|Emma Oyer||Kiersten Sheehan||Rusty Signor|
|Jimmy Williams||Anna Wolfe||…and more!|
Full program: Monday, August 20, 2018 – Sunday, August 26, 2018 ($875)
Half programs: August 20-23, 2018 or August 23-26, 2018 ($550)
Be sure to check out Adult Programs 101 for the packing list (and Mini Camp road cycling planning guide) so you know what to bring to make the most of your experience at the A/U Ranches.
“[We] had a great time participating in so many activities offered in the loving, supportive atmosphere of a Christian Science community. We hiked, biked, rode horses, peaked Huron and loved the flag ceremonies each day…. It was great to reconnect with camp.”–Mini Camp participan
Adult Program Highlights
2018 Adult Programs
August session: August 11–17
Adult $ 975; Youth (8-13) $830; Child (1-7) $685; Infant (0-11 mo.) $300
Adult $950; Youth (8-13) $750; Child (1-7) $625; Infant (0-11 mo.) $300
*Volunteer staff arrive on 12/18 and depart on 12/29
For discounts, deposit and special housing requests, click here.
The Adult Programs application is online. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete, so plan accordingly. Please be prepared with the following information:
- Participant’s name, phone number and email address
- An emergency contact, complete with phone number and email address
- Payment information – either credit card or echeck
Adults 18 yrs+; all our Adult Programs are open to Christian Scientists, their adult family members and friends of all faiths. Note: Adults are also invited to attend all our Family Programs.